Substance Abuse Counselor I
Location: Dayton, TX
Job ID: 54164
Facility: Henley State Jail
Pay and Schedule: Starting at $18.00 per hour. Work Schedule: Full-Time, 8-hour days, Monday-Friday.
Work with a purpose! Join a team with values that match your own and provide individuals in the inside with hope, skills and opportunities for a better life.
Position Title and Facility: Substance Abuse Counselor Intern for Dempsie Henley State Jail in Dayton, TX
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays (9 total)
- Professional development assistance
Job responsibilities: A Substance Abuse Counselor performs moderately complex substance abuse counseling work. The work involves planning, coordinating, and implementing substance abuse counseling activities as well as coordinating with other departments to ensure the maximum utilization of resources available for chemical dependency treatment and rehabilitation in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
- Provides substance abuse counseling and recovery skills training; participates in offender orientation, educational and individual and process counseling groups.
- Interviews, screens, and evaluates offenders for potential program participation.
- Provides a comprehensive evaluation from a battery of valid measurement tools to assess the recovery needs and the re-offense risk of offenders.
- Participates in the Individual Treatment Plan based on the severity and characteristics of the offender.
- Maintains offender records and other records regarding services provided; compiles data and submits reports and related documentation as appropriate.
- Provides liaison to participants of training programs, workshops, and seminars.
- Implements follow-up and after care plans for offenders that participate in the program prior to their release; disseminates information on community resources for offender placement in follow-up treatment.
- At the conclusion of the program, an Individual Progress Summary will be developed for each offender on caseload and a copy submitted to the Parole Division.
Education and experience requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED.
- Must be currently credentialed as a License Chemical Dependency Counselor Intern (LCDC-I or CI) or a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) license with the Texas Department of State Health Services or as a Certified Criminal Justice Professional Applicant (CCJP-A) or a Certified Criminal Justice Addictions Professional Applicant (CCJP) by the Texas Certification Board of Addiction Professionals.
- Selected applicants must obtain a Licensed Clinical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) license or a Certified Criminal Justice Professional (CCJP) certification within five years from the date of their registration as a Counselor Intern or CCJP-A.
- Must sign a Credential Contingency Agreement that will remain in effect only until the initially established expiration date.
- A valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Why: The job is simple. Help humans break the cycle. Join our team and transform lives!
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.