Substance Abuse Counselor II/DWI
Location: Dayton, TX
Job ID: 54173
Facility: Plane State Jail
Pay and Schedule: starting at $22.00 per hour. Full-time, 8-hour days, Monday-Friday, onsite.
Make an impact as a substance abuse treatment professional with Management & Training Corporation. Our foundation is based upon the philosophies of caring about others, giving back, and making a social impact.
Position Title and Facility: Substance Abuse Counselor II/DWI at Lucile Plane State Jail in Dayton, TX
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Life insurance, AD&D as well as short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Professional development assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee wellness program
Job responsibilities: The Substance Abuse Counselor II’s supervise the Substance Abuse Counselor I’s and perform moderately complex substance abuse counseling work within Substance Abuse Felony Punishment Facility (SAFPF)/ In-Prison Therapeutic Community (IPTC) Programs.
- Assists in planning chemical dependency counseling programs; and coordinates the delivery of counseling services to offenders with histories of chemical use, abuse, or addiction.
- Provides a comprehensive evaluation from a battery of valid measurement tools to assess the recovery needs and the re-offense risk of offenders.
- Maintains offender records and other records regarding services provided to include workload statistics; and compiles data and submits reports and related documentation as appropriate.
- Supervises the work of others; and assists in instructing others in program methods, procedures, and functions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED is required.
- Two (2) years full-time, wage-earning experience in substance abuse treatment or substance abuse education.
- Current licensure as a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), or current valid certification as Certified Criminal Justice Professional (CCJP) as approved by the Texas Certification Board of Addiction Professionals, or current qualifying credential to conduct counseling in a treatment environment.
- Required successful completion of the Texas DWI Education In-Service Training Program approved by DSHS and qualified to be a Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory (SASSI) administrator.
- A valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record is also required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
- Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass a background check, both of which must be approved by Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
- Must maintain valid license or certification for continued employment in position.
Why: Make a positive impact in your community by doing meaningful work that results in a rewarding career.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.