Location: Marion, OH
Job ID: 54174
Facility: North Central Correctional Complex
Work with a purpose! Begin a career in criminal justice and work towards becoming a law enforcement professional.
The North Central Correctional Facility located in Marion, OH., is now hiring career-minded individuals to assist with securing the safety of our communities while making a difference in the lives of those on the inside.
Job title: Food Service Worker
Facility name: North Central Correctional Institution
Location: 670 Marion Williamsport Rd, Marion, OH., 43302
Work schedule: Full-time
Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day!
Reports to the food service manager. Directly supervises residents assigned to the food service department. Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and sanitary kitchen area, to include food preparation areas, tools and equipment, and assisting in the service and preparation of facility meals based on pre-planned menus, in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction (ODRC) directives.
1. Clean and sanitize all food preparation equipment and ensure that it is kept in safe and operable condition.
2. Submit work orders and purchase requests as needed to ensure safe functioning equipment is available at all times.
3. Maintain kitchen equipment in orderly workable condition and ensure work area is safe, clean and sanitary at all times.
4. Ensure the count and control of all kitchen tools. Provide an accurate count of all control items at the beginning and end of each shift.
5. Supervise residents in the preparation and serving of meals as required.
6. Direct and supervise residents in the cleaning of the kitchen and dining area; mop, scrub, refinish and spot clean kitchen floors and ensure completion.
7. Ensure that counts are performed accurately for all residents assigned to the kitchen.
8. Oversee the cleaning, sanitizing, and deodorizing of the rest rooms.
9. Pull and prepare items needed for next meal preparation.
10. Perform security functions including “pat” and “strip” searches, by squatting and bending to perform such functions.
11. Assist the food service manager in maintaining inventory of food items, supplies and equipment as required.
12. Monitor food production to ensure quantity and quality expectations are met.
13. This position requires long periods of standing and walking.
14. Must be able to perform physical requirements of the position, such as pushing and pulling meal carts, and lifting foodservice related items.
15. Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or GED and one (1) year full-time, wage-earning experience in correctional, commercial, or institutional food preparation or food service industry preferred. Must obtain and maintain required certifications for food service in the state of Ohio. A valid driver’s license in the state of Ohio with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.