Location: Raymondville, TX
Job ID: 54183
Facility: Willacy County State Jail
Work with a purpose! Begin a career as part of the administrative team, utilizing your skills and abilities to change the life of a correctional resident.
Position name: Administrative Clerk
Facility name: MTC Willacy County State Jail
Location: 1695 South Buffalo Street, Raymondville, Tx 78580
Work schedule: Fulltime
Benefit package includes:
Reports to the warden or designated supervisor. Responsible for performing a variety of clerical and administrative duties for assigned area in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Perform a variety of clerical duties including data entry, generate and prepare reports, file, maintain records and other duties required.
2. Perform duties including typing correspondence, form letters, accountability forms, status reports, and other required documents in a timely manner.
3. Receive telephone calls and visitors, tactfully referring to the proper individual.
4. Operate office equipment such as copy machines, scanners, fax and personal computers.
5. Maintain and update filing, inventory and database systems, either manually or using a computer.
6. Review incoming mail, answer correspondence and prepare outgoing mail.
7. Deliver messages and run errands.
8. Proofread records or forms; copy needed information from one record to another as required.
9. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
10. Maintain accountability of offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent or GED required. One (1) year related experience, including proficiency with various word processing, spreadsheets, data bases, and computer data entry experience preferred. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.