Location: Miami, FL
Job ID: 54186
Facility: Miami North Work Release Center
Ready for a meaningful career in criminal justice? MTC Facilities provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping offenders gain valuable skills and treatment necessary for success upon release.
Position Title: Substance Abuse Disorder Supervisor
Facility Name: MIAMI NORTH COMMUNITY RELEASE CENTER
Location: 7090 NW 41st Street, Miami FL., 33166
Status: Part Time
Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day!
Reports to the Facility Director. Responsible for the clinical supervision of substance use disorder treatment programs. This position will potentially serve community release centers in both Panama City, Florida and Miami, Florida and will be reimbursed for any related travel expenses. Primary work location is flexible to either site.
1. Maintain core beliefs that people can change and have an inherent drive towards positive growth.
2. Responsible for clinical oversight of all substance use disorder treatment services provided.
3. Perform observations of substance use disorder treatment groups for the purpose of supervision and providing feedback to the group facilitator.
4. Review and evaluate therapeutic records ensuring appropriate documentation, actions, and updates are recorded as required.
5. Ensure caseloads are maintained according to required ratios.
6. Plan, develop and implement training program necessary for compliance with an effective treatment and counseling program.
7. Ability to use and guide program staff in operant conditioning, behavior management techniques, including the identification of target behaviors and the application of reinforcers and progressive sanctions.
8. Understand current research on substance use disorder treatment and how it is applied.
9. Understand, use, and support staff in implementing techniques to increase motivation for change (e.g., Motivational Interviewing).
10. Review and integrate assessment information to monitor individualized treatment plans. .
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
The applicant must have a minimum of a bachelor's degree and be a Certified Addiction Professional by The Florida Certification Board, as well as three (3) years' experience. Previous supervisory experience is preferred. Experience in service provision in other settings will be assessed on an individual basis. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer proficiency are also required. A valid driver's license in the state of Florida with an acceptable driving record is required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Qualifications and Training Requirements:
Upon hire applicant must successfully complete required pre-service and annual training requirements. The applicant must also complete continuing education and maintain certification through the Florida Certification Board as a Certified Addiction Professional.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.