Correctional Officer (On Call)
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Bridgeport, TX
Job ID: 54203
Facility: Bridgeport Correctional Center
Work with a purpose! Begin a rewarding career in corrections as a Correctional Officer at Bridgeport Correctional Center in Bridgeport, TX where you will utilize your skills and abilities to change the life of residents.
Job title: Correctional Officer
Facility name: Bridgeport Correctional Facility
Location: 4000 North 10th Street, Bridgeport, TX., 76426
Work schedule: Part-time; 12-hour shift (day & night)
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- AD&D, short-term and Long-term disability
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
Job Responsibilities: Responsible for the custody and care of offenders and maintaining order and discipline in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
Essential functions include but not limited to:
- Search for contraband and provide security.
- Count, feed and supervise offenders in housing, work and other areas, which include climbing stairs.
- Provide custody and security of offenders including observation, which includes long periods of sitting and standing.
- Perform security functions including “pat” and “strip” searches, by squatting and bending to perform such functions.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports.
- Respond to emergencies and maintain order during incidents.
- Monitor resident behavior and enforce rules and regulations.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- No previous experience required.
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED.
- Continued employment is contingent upon passing exams and skill tests in the TDCJ Correctional Officer Pre-service Training Academy.
- Valid driver license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected]