This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Jacksboro, TX
Job ID: 54322
Facility: Lindsey State Jail
Work with a purpose! Lindsey State Jail located in Jacksboro, Tx. is now hiring career-minded people to assist with securing the safety of our community while positively impacting the lives of those on the inside.
Job title: Business Manager
Facility name: Lindsey State Jail
Location: 1620 FM 3344 Jacksboro, TX 76458
Work schedule: Full-time
Benefit package includes:
Reports to the warden. Directly supervises the commissary coordinator. Responsible for the overall management of the business office which includes accounting, payroll, commissary, property/supply and purchasing in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Plan, coordinate and manage the administrative and programmatic activities of the department.
2. Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance and implement department and personnel changes as approved by the warden and coordinated with the human resources supervisor prior to implementation.
3. Develop departmental budget; monitor and control expenditures. Review and recommend changes to budget authorizations.
4. Develop and implement new and revised policies and procedures affecting the finance area and subordinate departments.
5. Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with overall facility objectives.
6. Establish financial acquisition controls and evaluate potential program expenditures. Manage the efforts of the procurement area in administration of subcontracts for services and rentals.
7. Develop budgets, financial forecasts, projections and cost analysis as a basis for negotiating contracts for the facility, support programs and for renewal and amendments to existing contracts.
8. Ensure compliance with established budgets, purchase limitations, travel restrictions and general
9. Maintain stability and consistency with MTC goals and objectives.
10. Oversee purchasing activities including the management of the stockroom, proper record keeping and reporting of equipment and consumable supplies.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field and four (4) years of finance or related experience required, two (2) of which must be in a supervisory capacity. Experience with automated accounting systems and computer proficiency are also required. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements, if approved by senior vice president, finance and regional vice president. A valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.