Residential Advisor, Substitute
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job ID: 54486
Facility: Los Angeles Job Corps Center
Position: Residential Advisor
Location – 1031 S. Hill St, Los Angeles, CA 90015
Reports to the residential living manager. Responsible for providing proper guidance to students to ensure positive group living relations and achievement in the program, in compliance with government and management directives.
- Provide guidance for students to achieve a positive attitude and proper behavior to accomplish their goals and objectives.
- Patrol and monitor dormitories and center as required to ensure safety and proper behavior of students; resolve potential or occurring problems.
- Transport students to and from airport, bus stations, or other locations as needed.
- Provide cafeteria coverage during the breakfast meal & lunch meals.
- Collect student accountability morning reports for each dorm and deliver to admissions/records.
- Perform daily dormitory inspections to ensure that dorm cleanliness & expectations are being adhered to. Submit reports to social development director.
- Assist the center standards and counseling departments in the pack-out of departing students.
- Ensure dorm supply orders are filled and delivered to designated dormitory.
- Assist in copying and collating residential living forms.
- Assist in the delivery and removal of dorm furniture.
- Prepare off-center pass lists and other reports relating to student functions.
- Recommend and requisition supplies as needed.
- Support intro to work-based learning (WBL) program by overseeing students assigned to social development and student services.
- Participate in the career development services system by ensuring a safe environment and creating positive peer leadership role modeling techniques within social development and student services.
- Work overtime when directed to do so.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Maintain documentation for future audits.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of career success standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of staff, students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.