This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Henderson, TX
Job ID: 54508
Facility: Hope Transitional Treatment Center
Ready to add more meaning to your career? HOPE is a residential/outpatient chemical dependency treatment facility for justice-involved clients re-entering into the community. Located in in Henderson, Texas the HOPE facility complies with HSSC Residential standards and provides a safe and secure environment for staff and client while utilizing employing state of the art treatment methods.
Job title: Accounting Specialist
Facility name: HOPE TTC
Location: 1000 Industrial Dr., Henderson, TX., 75653
Work schedule: Full-time
Benefit package includes:
Reports to the facility administrator. Responsible for performing a variety of routine accounting and clerical duties in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Post routine journal vouchers or accounts payable vouchers, entering vouchers in registers; post subsidiary ledgers or simple cost accounting data.
2. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data.
3. Maintain routine accounting records and reports in accordance with established procedures such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, inventory control or general accounting records.
4. Perform miscellaneous clerical duties involving typing, filing, accumulating data and preparation of repetitive reports.
5. Review incoming and prepare outgoing interdivisional billings, reconcile and clear interdivisional accounts and prepare associated journal entries.
6. Ensure the balancing of books and compilation of statistical reports such as cash expenditures, departmental costs and other pertinent reports.
7. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
8. Maintain accountability of offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED. One (1) year varied accounting or related experience required. Academic training in bookkeeping, accounting or payroll preferred. Experience with automated accounting systems or programs preferred. A valid driver’s license in the State of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must complete preservice program and annual training requirements. Must successfully pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ. Must pass the drug screen.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.