This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Morganfield, KY
Job ID: 55646
Facility: Earle C. Clements Job Corps Center
Pay: $36,275.20 annually
Location: Morganfield, KY
Work schedule: Monday-Friday & may require working one evening or on Saturday and/or Sunday
Work with a purpose! Begin a career as part of our career transition team, utilizing your skills and abilities to change the life of a Job Corps student!
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- AD&D as well as short-term disability
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Professional development assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
Job responsibilities: Responsible for the planning, coordinating, developing, and implementing a professional individual and group counseling program for assigned students, in compliance with government and management directives.
- Review detailed background file, conduct personal interviews and assessments as necessary to analyze and recommend a program for each assigned student
- Maintain individual folder on each assigned student
- Provide direct aid to students with personal needs or problems, sickness, injury, family problems, emergency leaves or UA retrievals, Prepare UA reports and leave forms, verify required information in accordance with PRH and MTC requirements
- Provide continuous educational, CTT, personal and social adjustment counseling on an individual and group basis; recommend necessary program modifications throughout each assigned student’s stay.
- Conduct continuous interpretation and evaluation of progress in student’s specific development program, coordinate problem cases and point out areas in which guidance and development techniques can be improved. Maintain up to date documentation, case notes and records using CIS, as well as other systems of documentation
- Oversee each student’s personal career development plan in the center information system (CIS).
- Recommend medical or psychiatric evaluation for emotional or psychological problems; evaluate results and take remedial action as warranted; participate as a member of the mental health team. Refer students to other program areas such as transfers, extension or advanced programs, and college placement
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, including 15 semester hours of instruction in social services or related instruction, and 1 year experience in counseling or related field required.
- May require working one evening or on Saturday and/or Sunday.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required.
Why: Make a positive impact in your community by doing meaningful work that results in a rewarding career.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.