Senior Substance Abuse Counselor
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Dayton, TX
Job ID: 55689
Facility: Plane State Jail
Pay and Schedule: starting at $45,000 annual salary, full-time.
Position Title and Facility: Senior Substance Abuse Counselor at Lucile Plane State Jail in Dayton, TX.
Looking for a meaningful career in substance abuse treatment? Join our team as a Senior Substance Abuse Counselor at the Plane State Jail in Dayton, Texas where we provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping offenders gain the treatment necessary for success upon release. At Plane, a philosophy of caring about others, giving back, and making a social impact are the foundation of all we do.
MTC’s caring philosophy defines its commitment to providing its employees and family members with quality and competitive benefit options that address health and wellness needs. We understand and accept our responsibility to deliver the information and tools necessary to allow each employee to make informed decisions on health, wellness, financial security, retirement, and many other benefits.
MTC offers a variety of benefits to assist employees in balancing their personal and professional lives, such as:
- Medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Sick leave and vacation (or PTO, varies by location)
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and military leave
- Travel insurance
- Education assistance
The Senior Substance Abuse Counselor directly supervises the substance abuse counselor II and performs highly complex substance abuse counseling work. Additional responsibilities include:
- Assists in planning chemical dependency counseling programs; and coordinates the delivery of counseling services to offenders with histories of chemical use, abuse, or addiction.
- Provides a comprehensive evaluation from a battery of valid measurement tools to assess the recovery needs and the re-offense risk of offenders.
- Participates in the Individual Treatment Plan based on the severity and characteristics of the offender as determined by the comprehensive assessment, review of collateral information, and the Clinical interview.
- Provides counseling and recovery skills training; participates in offender orientation, educational and individual and process counseling groups in compliance with program standards, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains offender records and other records regarding services provided to include statistical feedback on evaluations; and compiles data and submits reports and related documentation as appropriate.
- At the conclusion of the program, an Individual Progress Summary will be developed for each offender on caseload to reflect the evaluation results together with comments about the offender’s level of participation and quality of completion in the DWI programs.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or by the United States Department of Education (USDE).
- Major course work in Criminal Justice, Behavioral Science or a related field preferred. Each year of experience as described below in excess of the required four (4) years may be substituted for thirty (30) semester hours from an accredited college or university on a year-for-year basis.
- Four (4) years full-time wage-earning experience in substance abuse treatment.
- Current licensure as a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) or current valid Qualified Credentialed Counselor (QCC) identified by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
- Therapeutic community environment experience preferred.
- Experience in the supervision of employees preferred.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.