This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Charleston, WV
Job ID: 55700
Facility: Charleston Job Corps Center
What you will be doing
This is an exempt position that will report to the career technical training manager. Responsible for providing career training instruction in Facilities Maintenance to students in accordance with approved curricula. Provides students with basic direction, in compliance with government and management directives.
- Certified, licensed or accredited in the state of employment or accredited by a professional trade organization and one year experience in field of instruction.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- Provide students with career training instruction, direction and assistance in designated area of instruction; maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits; coordinate with counselors and other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Develop and prepare lessons; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
- Maintain organized, clean training environment (behavior and surroundings) conductive to learning.
- Participate on student assessment panels; prepare required documentation and evaluations.
- Administer and correct tests; maintain progress and attendance reports including required CIS updates. Ensure training achievement records (TARs) are up to date and accurate at all times.
- Control use of equipment and supplies; make minor repairs; recommend purchases.
- Participate in providing hands‑on activities for students as part of career exploration; provide feedback to the career preparation staff.
- Assist in developing community linkages and volunteers for the career training programs department.
- Develop work sites in designated area; assist in monitoring work sites and students assigned to work based learning (WBL).
- Assist students with job search and job placement prior to separation; participate in placement follow‑up activities for graduates.
- Audit weekly OMS reports and report discrepancies to the manager, career training or designee.
- Utilize workplace language and behavior expectations in the shop and classroom; on a routine basis, inquire if individual students need assistance.
- As applicable, assist in the planning and implementation of career technical skills training (CTST) projects; provide supervision of students assigned to CTST projects or other center career training projects.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
What is Job Corps?
Job Corps is a federally funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Charleston Job Corps is located in Charleston, WV and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.