Location: Calexico, CA
Job ID: 55727
Facility: Imperial Regional Detention Facility
Pay: $ 82,000 annual salary
Work with a purpose! Management & Training Corporation (MTC) provides a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping offenders gain valuable skills and treatment necessary for success upon release.
Position title: Accounting Supervisor
Facility name: Imperial Regional Detention Facility
Location: 1572 Gateway Road, Calexico, California 92231
Work schedule: Full time, Monday – Friday
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Career advancement assistance
- Opportunities for job advancement
Reports to the warden. Responsible for performing accounting and audit functions within the general accounting function and summarizing data for periodic operating statements and management information in compliance with MTC and customer directives.
- Supervise in the preparation of data input for developing financial statements and management information reports, including monthly accounting journal entries, overhead application schedules, bank reconciliations, general ledger account analyses and monthly financial statement.
- Prepare the departmental budget; monitor and control expenditures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and revised policies and procedures affecting accounting and commissary.
- Prepare and maintain cost data and related analyses pertaining to facility operations.
- Audit the output of the accounts payable and cashier functions.
- Oversee cash disbursements journal, general ledger and cost ledger by recording accounting transactions, preparing reconciliations and financial tabulations as assigned.
- Ensure the balancing of books and compilation of statistical reports such as cash expenditures, departmental costs and other pertinent reports.
- Supervise incoming and prepare outgoing interdivisional billings, reconcile and clear interdivisional accounts and prepare associated journal entries.
- Assist in the preparation of month-end closing of financial books, facility and corporate financial reports. Review reports for accuracy and resolve problems.
- Coordinate with other facility staff concerning accounting matters.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration
- Three (3) years of finance, accounting or related experience in a supervisory capacity are required. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements if approved by corporate finance.
- Experience with automated accounting systems and computer proficiency desired.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of California with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.