This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Makawao, HI
Job ID: 55742
Facility: Maui Satellite Job Corps Center
Reporting to the Group Life Manager, this position is responsible for provision of a structured, well-rounded recreation program and the instruction of students in recreational and a vocational program in compliance with government and management directives.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Plan, coordinate and oversee the administrative and recreation activities of the department
- Provide staff training and implement departmental changes as approved by the management and coordinated with HR prior to implementation
- Assist the department manager in the development of departmental budget, monitor and control expenditures
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and revised policies and procedures affecting recreation programs; coordinate with other departments for compliance with overall center objectives
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports
- Maintain facilities properly’ keep are clean and orderly; inspect facilities frequently, maintain quality and cleanliness
- Provide overall coordination of recreation programs including social and cultural activity participation, athletic competition, physical fitness, water safety, inter/intramural, arts and crafts and other recreational pursuits through budget control and effective planning
- Monitor and maintain effective implementation of a full scale on-center recreation program utilizing facilities and equipment resources for maximum participation by students during their leisure hours
- Develop and distribute weekly, monthly and annual recreation plans and schedule of activities
- Establish and maintain linkages with community resources
- Ensure proper conduct of water safety training, eligibility of students to participate in water activities and proper supervision of water activities
- Provide scheduling and supervision of center-wide social events including receptions, dances, shows, drama and talent presentations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1 year related experience. Directly related experience may be substituted on a year to year basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.