RN- Registered Nurse
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: New Orleans, LA
Job ID: 55758
Facility: New Orleans Job Corps Center
Pay: $33.59 per hour
Work with a purpose! Begin a career as part of our team, utilizing your skills and abilities to change the life of a Job Corps student.
Position name: Registered Nurse
Facility name: New Orleans Job Corps Center
Location: New Orleans, LA
Benefit package includes:
- Medical/health/dental/vision/life insurance
- AD&D as well as long-term disability
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Professional development assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
Job responsibilities: Provides assistance to the medical providers and supervision of staff LPNs/LVNs. Works in collaboration with the WHD and provides oversight of the wellness clinic in their absence.
- Provide coordination for the Family Planning.
- Provide nursing care to students as authorized by the medical provider and within scope of practice for state-specific nurse practice act.
- Provide supervision to the staff LPNs/LVNs to assure compliance with all state regulations and scope of practice and nurse practice act for practical and/or vocational nurses.
- Provide basic healthcare to students as required by DOL including all entry requirements and immunizations.
- Monitor students with illness and unable to attend class.
- Provide staff training for wellness staff as well as required trainings for new hires and all center staff as needed or in the absence of the HWD.
- Conduct student health record audits and participate in the continuous quality improvement program to identify needed improvements and employ mechanisms to improve compliance, and assure delivery of quality and effective services to students.
- Conduct coordinated health care for students and implementation of other health related programs. Assure chronic care management including medication management case conferences of all students with chronic illnesses.
- Assure that clinical services, including medication management are within health staff’s scope of practice and within federal, state, and local regulations and statutes.
- Prepare and submit required reports within required timeframe as needed and directed by the HWD.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Active, unrestricted registered nurse license in the state of employment.
- A valid driver license with an acceptable driving record.
Why: Make a positive impact in your community by doing meaningful work that results in a rewarding career.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.