Salary: Starting at $100,000 per year
Work schedule: M-F, Daytime hours
PRN opening also available.
- Medical, vision, dental and prescription drug benefits
- Life, accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Sick leave and paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Bereavement, civic duty and military leave
Management & Training Corporation operates the Graceville Correctional Facility in Graceville, Florida, providing residents with excellent care including medical services supporting their health and well-being.
Position Summary: The Mid-level Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant is responsible for providing nursing care of specific patients under the direction of a physician. Follows stablished nursing standards, procedures, and practices and give specific patient care direction to nursing and other staff in compliance with MTC Medical and customer directives.
- Follow established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Provide direct patient care, evaluate outcomes, consult with specialists as required and adjust treatment processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Perform CPR when necessary.
- Monitor medical condition of patients and report and document changes appropriate to scope of practice.
- Diagnose and treat patients appropriately, exercising independent judgment, initiating an effective course of action.
- Perform daily information rounds and prepare notes on detainees assigned to medical housing.
- Perform basic procedures including thermal applications, non-sterile soaks, application of dressings and casts.
- Order diagnostic and therapeutic services and assess efficiency, documenting results and making needed changes.
- Consult with facility physician in a collaborative and cooperative relationship.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive charting of patient medical records.
- Implement basic cost containment and utilization management for patient care and facility operations.
- Closely monitor all potential catastrophic illnesses.
- Comply with all applicable pharmacy regulations, especially those covering controlled substances.
- Assist corporate counsel with responses to inmate lawsuits.
- Facilitate, where applicable, NCCHC/ACA accreditation of the medical program by providing the required level of efficiency and approved appropriate medical services.
- Perform rescue functions at accidents, emergencies and disasters to include administering basic emergency medical aid, physically removing people away from dangerous situations, and securing and evacuating people from confined areas.
Education and experience requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited program and current licensure in the state of Florida as a nurse practitioner or physician assistant is required. All education related to the licensure is required. Any additional licenses or certifications (i.e., DEA registration) are required.
- Two to five years of experience is recommended, preferably in a correctional environment or emergency medicine.
- Must possess current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- A valid driver's license in the state of Florida with an acceptable driving record is required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.
Tags: Physician assistant, nurse practitioner, midlevel, mid-level, NA, PA