Location: Marion, OH
Job ID: 55787
Facility: North Central - MTC Medical
Work with a purpose! North Central Correctional Facility located in Marion, Ohio is now hiring career-minded people to assist with securing the safety of our community while positively impacting the lives of those on the inside.
Job title: MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK
Facility name: North Central Correctional Facility
Location: 670 Marion Williamsport Rd. Marion, OH 43302
Work schedule: Full-time, 8hrs
Benefit package includes:
Reports to the health care administrator. Performs specialized clerical functions in the maintenance of inmate medical records in compliance with MTC Medical and Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction (ODRC) directives.
1. Maintain medical records in a concise manner and in accordance with accreditation standards for a variety of purposes, lab work, x-rays, immunizations, cursory, etc.
2. Perform other general clerical duties including, but not limited to typing correspondence, form letters, schedules, forms, and reports.
3. Proofread, copy documents, process incoming and outgoing mail, answer telephone, receiving visitors and file.
4. Maintain records of services and prepare billing documents submitted to appropriate agencies for facility reimbursement of health care costs.
5. Attend staff meetings; promote communication and proper flow of relevant information between medical staff and jail departments.
6. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent and one year office experience including word processing or computer data entry experience preferred. One (1) years’ experience as a medical records clerk is preferred. A valid driver's license in the state of Ohio with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management. Must attain and maintain appropriate facility security clearance.
Post Hire Qualifications and Training Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
Why: Make a real difference every day by helping to change lives.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888