This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Chaparral, NM
Job ID: 55808
Facility: Otero County Processing - MTC Medical
Pay Rate: $150,000 annually
Employment Type: Part-time, Direct hire
Work Schedule: 24 hours per week, Daytime hours
Location: 26 McGregor Range Road, Chaparral, NM 88081
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Perform complete medical histories and physical examinations, form clinical impressions based upon findings, order diagnostic tests, interpret results of laboratory tests and radiological examinations, prescribe medications, and render treatments appropriate to clinical impressions.
- Inspect, complete, and analyze medical records as well as assign, review and update medical classifications.
- Complete admission notes, progress notes, treatment plans & discharge summaries, and make rounds on patients admitted to the medical unit.
- Serve in rotation with other providers to administer after-hours and weekend patient care (if required to include accepting on-call rotation).
- Refer patients for specialty consultations and treatment through the utilization manager process.
- Utilize established corporate, facility, and corrections policies/procedures in making decisions using sound independent judgment.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of all patient medical records and observe applicable HIPPA rules.
- Evaluate provision of services to prevent inappropriate use or duplication of services.
- Implement basic cost containment and utilization management for patient care and facility operations as well as monitor all potential catastrophic illnesses.
- Comply with all applicable pharmacy regulations, especially those regarding controlled substances.
- Provide health counseling and health education on an individual or group basis as required.
- Assist corporate counsel with responses to inmate lawsuits.
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings, QI, UM, P&T, and other meetings as required.
- Facilitate NCCHC/ACA/JCAHO accreditation of the medical program by providing the required level of efficiency and approved appropriate medical services.
- Perform rescue functions at accidents, emergencies, and disasters to include administering basic emergency medical aid, physically removing people away from dangerous situations, and securing and evacuating people from confined areas.
- Long periods of walking and standing are required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Possession of a valid certificate issued by the American Board of Family Medicine or Osteopathic Family Medicine; the American Board of Internal Medicine or Osteopathic Internal Medicine; or admissibility to an internal medicine or family medicine specialty examination as evidenced by a written statement from the Secretary of the American Board of Family Medicine or the American Board of Internal Medicine.
- Valid license to practice medicine in the state of New Mexico or compact state
- Current continuing education required by MTC Medical and professional regulatory board.
- Current DEA and current BLS certification.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of New Mexico or Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.