This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Makawao, HI
Job ID: 55880
Facility: Maui Satellite Job Corps Center
Pay: $23.06 per hour
Ready to be a part of something big? At the Hawaii Job Corps Center, we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families.
Our team members enjoy competitive wages, health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, 2 weeks paid vacation, paid sick time, 11 paid holidays, professional development days, 401(k) plan, free parking, reduced cost meals and a chance to make a difference every day! Hawaii Job Corps is committed to creating a healthy workplace that supports our employees and maximizes individual potential.
Position: Cook, Full Time
Location: Makawao, Hawaii
This position reports to the Food Services Supervisor and is responsible for preparation of all meals in accordance with pre planned menus, in compliance with government and management directives.
Brief summary of duties include but are not limited to:
1. Prepare and cook quantity of food required according to menu and number of students.
2. Assist in instructing cook helpers, cafeteria attendants and student assistants in the safe, hygienic method of preparing and serving appetizing, eye appealing meals.
3. Maintain kitchen equipment in orderly workable condition; provide safe, clean and sanitary work area.
4. Prepare food as directed for special center functions, visitors and off center work based learning.
5. Supervise students participating in the center work support program in the food services department.
6. Assist in cleaning kitchen work areas following each meal.
Education and Experience
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.