Career Preparation Instructor
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Job ID: 55958
Facility: St. Louis Job Corps Center
Salary - $40,000
Position: Instructor, Career Preparation
Location: 6388 Stratford Ave, St. Louis, Mo 63120
Schedule - Monday - Friday; 7:45am to 4:45pm
Our staff also enjoy these benefits:
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- a chance to make a difference every day!
At the St. Louis Job Corps Center in St. Louis, Missouri we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families. We value our professional and caring employees who are dedicated to improving people’s lives and we want YOU to join our team!
What you'll be doing: Coordinating and implementing the career preparation period program for new students.
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct the career preparation program and other activities, in accordance with corporate guidelines and approved schedule.
- Develop, prepare, and deliver career preparation lessons; use variety of teaching strategies to meet student learning needs.
- Recommend an appropriate training program for each assigned student, using background files, personal interviews, tests and a variety of other assessment tools.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to student. Prepare related reports. Continuously evaluate individual student’s attitudes, participation, and commitment within career preparation program; intervene when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Enter case notes. Maintain documentation and training records for each student.
- Conduct pre-arrival contacts with potential enrollees; prepare and mail pre-arrival and safe arrival letters on a timely basis, coordinate arrival activities with other center departments.
- Recommend and conduct training sessions and conferences to develop proficiency among staff in areas of guidance and social adjustment for new students; conduct training to familiarize staff with all components of the career preparation period.
- Establish community linkages with local business, employers, and organizations to provide tours and presentations for career preparation period students, as needed. Assist in evaluating center services for students; recommend modifications for improvement, participate in planning and in providing updated information of career preparation program.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Experience with Google Classroom, Google Docs, and My Pace.
Education and Experience Requirements: Associate’s degree and two year’s related experience. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills, and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.