Substance Abuse Counselor I
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Austin, TX
Job ID: 56004
Facility: Travis County State Jail
Pay: $18.00 per hour
Join a team with values that match your own and make a difference in the lives of people needing second chances.
Travis County State Jail located in Austin, Texas is now hiring licensed substance abuse treatment professionals to provide individuals in the inside with hope, skills and opportunities for a better life.
Facility name: Travis County State Jail
Location: 8101 FM 969, Austin, TX 78724
Work schedule: Full-time; 8-hour days
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays (9 total)
- Professional development assistance
Job responsibilities: A Substance Abuse Counselor I performs moderately complex substance abuse counseling work. Work involves planning, coordinating, and implementing substance abuse counseling activities; and coordinating with other departments to ensure the maximum utilization of resources available for chemical dependency treatment and rehabilitation.
- Provides substance abuse counseling and recovery skills training; participates in offender orientation, educational and individual and process counseling groups in compliance with program standards, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Interviews, screens, and evaluates offenders for potential program participation.
- Provides a comprehensive evaluation from a battery of valid measurement tools to assess the recovery needs and the re-offense risk of offenders.
- Participates in the Individual Treatment Plan based on the severity and characteristics of the offender as determined by the comprehensive assessment, review of collateral information, and the Clinical interview.
- Maintains offender records and other records regarding services provided to include workload statistics; and compiles data and submits reports and related documentation as appropriate.
- Provides liaison to participants of training programs, workshops, and seminars.
- Implements follow-up and after care plans for offenders that participate in the program prior to their release; and disseminates information on community resources for offender placement in follow-up treatment.
- At the conclusion of the program, an Individual Progress Summary will be developed for each offender on caseload to reflect the evaluation results together with comments about the offender’s level of participation and quality of completion in the programs.
- Submit copy of the Individual Progress Summary to the Parole Division to be included in the Parole Case Summary.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school, GED, or equivalent.
- Must have a letter of registration as a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor Intern ( CI ) or a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor ( LCDC ) license from the Texas Department of State Health Services or current certification as Certified Criminal Justice Professional Applicant Status ( CCJP-A ) or a Certified Criminal Justice Addictions Professional Applicant (CCJP) as approved by the Texas Certification Board of Addiction Professionals.
- Selected applicants must obtain a Licensed Clinical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) license or a Certified Criminal Justice Professional (CCJP) certification within five (5) years from the date of their registration as a Counselor Intern or CCJP-A.
- Must sign a Credential Contingency Agreement that will remain in effect only until the initially established expiration date. Failure to comply with this contingency statement will result in separation from employment. Credential Contingency Agreements will not be extended or renewed as a result of an employee’s separation from employment or acceptance of another position.
- Must maintain valid Counselor Intern status (CI), Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) license or CCJP-A certification for continued employment in position.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Why: Help humans break the cycle. Join our team as a substance abuse counselor and transform lives!
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.