Pay: $52,000 annual salary
Are you looking for the opportunity to be a dynamic leader in the substance abuse treatment field to provide individuals on the inside with hope, skills, and opportunities for a better life? Join our team as a Program Director at the Travis State Jail in Austin, Texas, and lead a team with values that match your own and make a difference in the lives of people needing second chances.
Position title: Program Director (Program Supervisor III Pre-Release or Inpatient Treatment)
Facility name: Travis State Jail
Location: 8101 FM 969, Austin TX 78724
Work schedule: Full-time, Monday - Friday
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off,
- Paid holidays (9 total)
- Professional development assistance
- Opportunities for career growth
Job responsibilities: The program director is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing designated substance abuse programs with emphasis placed on awareness, prevention, staff training and networking with community resources in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
- Responsible for program planning, development, training, and implementation; monitors compliance with policies and procedures; and providing consultative services to plan, implement, and monitor effective agency programs.
- Develop a system to promote the coordination and integration of the substance abuse prevention components with other facility programs.
- Conducts special investigations, program analyses, and research studies; reviews and analyzes treatment operations and problems and prepares reports of findings and recommendations; and initiates activities to produce a more effective program.
- Ensure that the program is complying with State Jail Substance Abuse Program Operations Manual (SJSAPOM) and all other TDCJ department policies and directives.
- Ensure that all participants in the program receive the appropriate assessments and services within the defined time frames of the contract and that all required documentation is processed in a timely manner.
- Prepares annual program budget; develops policy and procedure manuals; and assists in the preparation of training and operational manuals, educational materials, and information programs.
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or by the United States Department of Education (USDE). Major course work in a Behavioral Science, Criminal Justice or a related field preferred. Each year of experience as described below in excess of the required five years may be substituted for thirty semester hours from an accredited college or university on a year-for-year basis.
- Five years full-time, wage-earning program administration or counseling experience.
- Two years full-time, wage-earning experience in the supervision of employees.
- Current valid licensure as a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor ( LCDC ) by the Texas Department of State Health Services ( DSHS ) or current certification as a Certified Criminal Justice Professional ( CCJP ) by the Texas Certification Board of Addiction Professionals or current valid Qualified Credentialed Counselor ( QCC ) licensed to provide substance abuse treatment.
- A valid driver license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Why: Help humans break the cycle. Join our team as a Program Director and transform lives!
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.